Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 03:30 AM   #11
Muggs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
Seafoam gets good reviews from my racing buddies. I put in 2 cans once a year. It helps keep varnish down and injectors clean.

All of the v-10's require a minimum of 87 if I remember correctly. Mine never pings when running without trailer but I am below 13,000 lbs on a chassis rated for 22,000 lbs. Not much of a load so engine is happy. When I am towing, rig is close to 19,000 lbs. which is much higher load percentage. In summer heat at moderate engine speeds it will tend to ping some. Boosting fuel to mid grade or premium alleviates this. I had same issue towing previously with our 2007 Suburban and our 1999 Tahoe in hot weather and used same correction method.

I have replaced pistons with broken ring lands enough times in race motors over the years that I have zero interest in doing same on motorhome. The additional cost of mid grade or premium is negligible to the cost of engine repair/downtime even though I would be doing myself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.