Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #23
juicesqueezer

Brand: DRV
Model: 39RESB3
State: Florida
THOR #5499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
What Dan said and I’ll add, what the dealer installed were probably cheap batteries anyway.
I’d suggest trying and get them to compensate you ($$$) and get yourself some decent batteries, at least AGM’s.
Yes, I don't want them to give me cheap batteries, but instead, the dollars to get some good AGM's like you mentioned. I am going to install a solar on this unit as well to compliment the generator while boondocking. I do have at least a 2000 Magnum inverter. Not sure if it is the larger one, as it is crammed in behind the heater in the large bay. I'm hoping it is the 2800 unit. This rig also has a built-in progressive surge protector. Still finding additional upgrades on this unit.
While at the state park, we could not get our ice maker to produce ice in this whirlpool fridge. It is a residential unit that has a tip out ice canister for the ice. Water going to the unit as water is in the door, but no ice. It sounds like it is trying, but no cigar! May have to call a tech on this one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.