Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 02:00 AM   #2
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I've spent this past week helping family move back to MI from FL.

We rented a 16ft truck and when I drove it off the lot from the rental place I thought "wow this truck feels really familiar"!

So I did what anyone would do: I looked up the VIN online LOL.

The truck:
2014 E-350 with the V-10...

Our Axis:
2014 E-350 with the V-10... !

Of course our Axis doesn't have the 133,000 miles that the rental had (it ran without a hiccup for the 1300 miles we needed it to). It also got close to 10mpg.

As expected, when empty there was very little wallowing to the suspension. Once loaded it drove more like our RV...
Wow, small world Jamie! We just helped a friend move her vehicles from outside Nashville to Reno, NV. I had the luck to drive a 26' box UHaul with a Ford F650 AND a 12 foot UHaul trailer. Thank God I wired up my portable Sirius receiver. 2150 miles and 7.7 MPG. Some of the grades outside Park City, UT I was doing about 30-35 with my foot all the way to the floor... Made me appreciate the 24.1 Axis when trying to get into regular gas. By the way, their was a BIG sticker on the gas tank NOT to use E85 gas and stick with E87. I looked again at the E450 owners' manual at Ford and it is a bit confusing on the issue but still recommends sticking with E87 fuel. What an experience. Oh yeah, Nebraska highways extremely suck. Reminds me of the 91 freeway in Riverside, CA with the bumps...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum