Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #18
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
I can't speak for all of Thor Industries , but I can provide what I saw and heard at Jackson Center, OH. They are up to $5,000 signing bonus for those who complete the 90 day trial for factory floor workers. When I first toured the plant in 2006, they were producing 47 trailers per week with 20% going to Europe. I was back again in 2013 with grandson in tow and the production was 54 and going to 67 per week. I went through the plant again a month ago and they were hoping for a production rate of 74 per week and are doubling the plants production and repair facilities sizes. All the 2019 production is sold out to dealers and they are 20% sold for 2020. Not bad for a trailer and motor coach manufacture where the trailer sell from $35,000 to $140,000 and coaches go for $165,000 to $215,000. Remember Thor only builds dealer ordered coaches and trailers. No unit leaves the factory storage lot until is fully paid for by the dealer. If you special order a coach your order is substituted for a coach already ordered by the dealer or to the end of the batch order for your coach type. I toured plants 750 and 850 just after purchasing my coach (2016) and found the factories both over-stressed. The plants were switching from first order in/first coach built to batch production and the dealers were not too happy about that. The workers were agreed that is would speed production and allow for more timely component purchasing.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.