Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #17
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
The directions I got were to disconnect the black/white wire, then jump the solenoid using a screwdriver. If the motor runs then it's okay.

According to the installation manual, the black/white wire is "solenoid extend/retract".
I found the manual here:
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ion_Manual.pdf

I tried this, and when I jumped the solenoid the motor didn't turn on. According to the customer support tech I spoke to, this indicates that the motor is bad. But then I applied a 12v source to the motor and it ran, so the motor is apparently okay.

I was also told to try pushing the forward diamond on the control panel 10 times, then the rear diamond 10 times, then Retract 3 times, but this did nothing.

I used the emergency procedure to retract the extended jack by spinning the pump motor with an electric drill, so now the RV is at least driveable, but the levelers are still not working. When I turn on the system, the control panel still indicates that jacks are down.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.