Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
ToddS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #11475
Crack in Roof / New Thor Axis

I bought a “new” 2017 Thor Axis out of state and drove it home. Walk through went great and the company seemed nice. When I woke up the next day I saw a wire hanging down from underneath the chassis. I assumed a zip tie severed the wire in the 13 hour drive. I took it to a local Thor authorized “local dealer” and they began working on the warranty issue. Since it had been siting for some time I asked that they change the oil and do a 45 point inspection which I was paying for. During that inspection they found several cracks on the roof which to them seemed to have been repaired but said they recommend I replace the roof at a cost of $6,000. My question is this… Didn’t the company that sold me the RUV have an obligation to tell me about the roof, legally? I did the walk around but everything was so nice I didn’t see a need to get on the roof and they didn’t ask if I wanted to. Second, should I fight for them to replace the roof since it is new? I have been told by some friends that putting a new roof on could cause even worse problems. I really need some advice. Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.