Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #20
RVGeek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: chateau 23U
State: Florida
THOR #1241
Thor has perfected the art of water leaks

When my Chateau 23U was delivered with 23 material defects I was a bit overwhelmed especially with the dealer's inept attempts to remedy all except one of them. Included in the package were four water leaks, i.e., shower pan not caulked spilling onto the bath floor, kitchen faucet coupling loose and leaking, street water coupling loose inside the exterior wall (requiring over a year to find and then with a borescope...I accessed it by removing a rear tail light and cutting my way in.) and a wheelwell not sealed, flooding the interior floor when driving in rain. Fortunately, I had the patience and skills to repair these problems and others. Thor did supply the parts needed, however. It could have been worse.

The 23U has no slideout, so I may have missed opportunities there.

Now that it's debugged, we really do like the 23U and put about 10k miles on it a year.

I have heard of folks having very few Thor delivery problems, so maybe I'm a three-sigma case.

BTW, my previous Winnebago 24V (similar floor plan) had very few delivery problems, all easily fixed. Go figure!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum