Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #14
Calico

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Obviously, the sky was falling!

Honestly, what I would do (and you have to keep in mind that I am the average housewife that can nag anything to death while smiling the whole while), is to go after the dealership, being VERY firm that from the appearance of the damage AND THE ATTEMPTED REPAIRS, that ::someone:: knew about the existing damage and that the ::someone:: should have informed you of it, so you could go into this sizable purchase with eyes wide open. Either that, or they should have discounted the coach by the amount of any replacement/repairs, which in this case would be the $6000, just like in a home purchase transaction. If the dealership maintains that they are not responsible, go directly to Thor Customer Service and let them know. Thor doesn't wish for their product's name to be sullied by some jackass dealership, and I'm sure they will either intervene or do the work themselves. Actually, I would MUCH RATHER they did the work themselves in Indiana, as at least you'll know it was done correctly and they will stand behind their work and any future problems related to it. Thor, Indiana service took care of my coach (out of warranty...shhhh), dismantling the interior almost completely, to repair damage from a leak (which WAS documented while still in warranty), and re-building it to 'new' condition. They are wonderful. They also re-strung wiring for us, which entailed removing all the kitchen cabinets. No charge. I can't say enough about them. As I stated in another post, I'd have Thor's baby.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.