Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #1
Mike in AZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
Lippert Leveling Hydraulic Leak

I picked up my Challenger from the storage lot this morning and drove to Sam’s Club and gassed it up. Everything seemed fine until I started her up to drive away from the pumps.

The LCI started beeping. It said error, retract timeout, and then said to return it to dealer for service.

I got out and checked, found a puddle of red fluid dripping from under the bay containing the batteries and hydraulic system. After verifying the jacks were up, I drove home.

Inside the compartment, it was dusty (as expected, storage yard in Arizona gets a lot of dust). There is hyspdraulic fluid on the floor of the compartment, and the reservoir appears to be down.

I cleaned up the dirt, it was dry other than on the compartment floor, which had some black grime. No sign of where the leak is coming from.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting the leak? My plan as of now is to start it up and have the wife attempt to lower the jacks while I watch for leaks.

I am planning to go camping this weekend with my son and his family, still hoping to salvage the trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B01C86C3-1762-400F-9F7F-E42DDF9A04B9.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	10422   Click image for larger version

Name:	0F777691-BD14-4EF7-BEF2-8E6D41C743B2.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	10423  

Click image for larger version

Name:	03158C5E-C9DB-4845-91E6-DC21082C3F3F.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	10424  
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum