Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 02:31 AM   #22
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
For sure, get an alignment. Thor does not re-align the front-end geometry after mounting the coach body on the stretched E-350 chassis. The stripped chassis comes from the factory within alignment specs, but adding all that weight, and stretching the chassis makes re-alignment mandatory for a good, safe handling coach. My Vegas was way out of alignment when I had it checked. I am also having a continued issue with driveline vibration, which will shorten the life of the u-joints, of which there are six, carrier bearings, of which there are two, and possible tranny damage from the excessive vibration. Mor/Ryde, who stretches the chassis of the Vegas and Axis, for Thor, replaced one driveshaft already, but the vibration remains. I am talking to Mor/Ryde to address this problem under warranty. Seems ridiculous to have such issues with a new motorhome, doesn't it? If you have a vibration which you can feel in the drivers seat, go to a good driveline/driveshaft balance shop for a diagnostic. There are lots of shops like this around, you mjust have to search for them by asking around. Mostly truck repair shops require the services of these guys. It is a specialized skill and equipment they offer. Most dealer service departments do not test, diagnose, or repair driveshafts. They can install them, if necessary, but cannot not balance or check for run-out or other driveshaft problems.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum