Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #30
PaulH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
DO NOT make the mistake I made. Our first RV was a 2017 Axis 25.2. Seemed big when we walked in it the first time. As the months went by it got smaller and smaller. I'm 6'6" and my wife is 5'9". Bed slide out in the back but no slide out for the kitchen. No living space at all which for us, we realized, was a big deal. We went RV shopping after 9 months. We wanted a king bed, large living area with a dinette to have more of a home feel and after we decided on a 2018 Windsport 29 m, we took out the sofa and installed a pair of Thomas Payne recliners with massage. We LOVE IT!!!! Plenty of room, more storage and lots of little things we didn't think about like the outside kitchen and the driver and passenger fans. If a queen bed is ok for you, let me recommend the Freedom Traveler. They make a 27 and a 30 footer. Nice floor plan with kitchen slide out and bedroom slide out. Roomy and I think it's on the F53 chassis. Glad we got one with a king bed, much better for us. Hope this helps? Never heard many people say, " Wish I got a smaller RV".... A rookie mistake on my part!
Many thanks for your advice, we've had 36' and 30' RV's 2 and 3 slides and, although I love the size and space, they're just too big to use on Irish roads. We've had our 24.1 for 2 years and enjoy it a lot, it's small by US standards, but big by European standards. We want to change to a 25.2 because we prefer rear bed and the bathroom is much better. The 25.2 will be large compared to European motorhomes most of which are only about 6ft 6 inches wide.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum