Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 10:56 PM   #17
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
$.02
My Axis handling annoyed me on it's first trip and my summarized assessment or categorization of the issues were tail wag (not sway) and too much correction effort side to side (a dead center). Additionally I felt the return to center was sluggish. Note that a Safe-T-Plus can mask much of this and while that is sort of ok for the driver the underlying issues that cause the behavior to begin with remain.

Since a Trac Bar should have been on the chassis to begin with (JMO) ... I put that at the top of the list right next to finding a place that has been known to tune alignments specifically for RVs.

My Results: Increased caster to near +6 took care of the dead center and return to center. The trac bar took care of the tail wag (steer from rear). Very happy with how the Axis handles now! Odd enough the Axis now drives a lot like our 2dr JK that handles on the highway better than any previous short WB Jeeps I've driven.

YMMV...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.