Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff g View Post
I put my switch to store and my batteries go dead. What is wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
The store/use switch for the batteries does not really turn off the batteries 100%. One of the main items for battery usage while off is the propane detector, along with many more. The only true way to disconnect the batteries is a seperate disconnect switch at the battery location.
I may have one of the few (it seems) where STORE means store... Completely off - coach lasts 1-2 months easily... And chassis battery has no issue either.
Been the case on both of my Thor MHs (first one had both a coach and chassis STORE - and both were absolute.)

If you do have a draw while in STORE - choices are trying to chase and find it; use a charger (on board converter or external), or add a hard disconnect at the batteries.

Quite often the batteries in a new coach are 'abused' on the dealer lot - left to drain down multiple times. Very hard on FLA batteries...
As suggested - get the batteries load tested, and replace if needed.
Decide which method you want to use to address any draw - so you don't kill the new batteries in short order.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.