Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Vegas Wall Acne
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #10
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
Continued from post #6 the plan
I have applied sealant all around the outside of the window where I would guess the water was entering and not thru the track.

That was several days ago and the wall under the window is no longer soft, but did get a little rippled. I plan to remove the screws on the bottom and side of the window frame and see if I can pull the wall covering down without destroying it, to expose whatever lurks under there. I would guess some mold has started and will treat it as needed depending on the damage. Hope I don't have to remove the entire wall covering under the window. If it can't be reused, maybe Thor can send me some that will match.
Next is to have the time.
Good luck to all who have the same problem.
When Thor repaired ours I believe they removed the inner paneling besides the covering, let it all dry out (with a fan overnight) and then re-assembled the wall with new materials--there is a new seam if you know where to look; can't see it otherwise. They had "spares" of the wall covering--it is likely you'll have to get a part number from Thor and then order it through a dealer as I don't think they will sell you the wallpaper direct.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum