Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #10
MaJ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Texas
THOR #2192
Ray - Greetings congratulations, and welcome "brother"! We drove our new 2015 Miramar 32.1 off the CW lot in Lake City, FL last Saturday. There was an issue discovered during our pre-delivery inspection: The LED light strip on the awning roller did not work at all. The tech onsite checked for voltage, and decided it was a defective LED strip. We elected to take delivery anyway, and submit it as a warranty claim along with any other items that might come up. The tech said it would take at least 2 weeks to get authorization and the part from Thor.

We drove the unit 500 miles home, staying one night at a KOA along the way. After maybe 200 miles at 60 mph, in clear weather, the big rubber outside front windshield surround grommet managed to blow loose and began slapping the right side of the coach. I pulled over, and took it off, as it was still partially attached to the windshield edges. I'm still doing research to figure out what the function of that thing is, and whether it was supposed to have an adhesive (none was evident) The next day, I pressed it back around the windshield, where it seemed to snap fit in OK. It blew off again at 60 mph within the first 50 miles on day 2. My local CW has a 1 month wait to even get them to look at it, take photos, and submit for warranty permission from Thor.

Safe travels to you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.