Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 12:16 AM   #62
jim5554

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: New York
THOR #7582
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post
So seriously. I was ready to call and order the 17.5 rims/tires this week.

Has anyone bought these Nexen tires?

mac '1/3 the cost' gyvr

I'd love to get an opinion from someone with a lot more expertise than I have. The price and convenience factors factors are hard to ignore. If no one can come up with a downside to the Commercial use(C) rated tires I'm going for the Nexens.
It's my understanding that our current tires have a tendency to blow out because they're either underinflated or overloaded and as a result, overheat. Going to a 121/120 tire should solve the overload problem without springing for all new rims. My only question is about the ply rating. Will the higher ply rating make a difference? I don't know. Someone is going to have to be a pioneer and buy them I guess.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum