Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Towing Package
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 01:43 PM   #11
Irontent

Brand: DRV
Model: MS 40KSSB4
State: Colorado
THOR #10148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy66 View Post
Does anyone know for sure if the Mercedes 3500 Sprinter chassis that Thor uses, like on a Compass 24 ft. come with the towing package as standard equipment? I tried plugging my VIN number into their website but no luck getting through..
When a Sprinter is ordered, different degrees of trailering equipment can be specified. Each option code is documented in the dealer's ordering handbook. Older models of Sprinters could be ordered with trailer wiring, and provisions for a trailer brake controller, but without the actual trailer brake controller. If ordered that way, the purchaser or dealer was left to obtain and install an appropriate controller for it in the driver's seat base.

My experience of ordering a Sprinter compared to ordering my most recent Ford Truck purchase was that there was a lot more configuration flexibility for MB purchasers than Ford purchasers.

Back then, the MB dealer mentioned that high-volume fleet purchasers had even more flexibility in what they ordered -- especially chassis-only purchasers.

The only way to know for sure is to get the specific build sheet for the chassis you have under your motorhome. One source of build sheets is a user on the Sprinter-Source.com forum -- Sailquick. In the past, he has supplied build sheets from Mercedes Benz for others who supplied a chassis VIN.

Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum