Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
Djfred

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagleDan View Post
The Whirlpool fridge in our 2017 Windsport has been giving us fits. If I understand it correctly, a real "residential" (the one in your house) has separate cooling systems for the freezer and food section but the "residential" fridge in our camper has one cooling system for the freezer with an air vent down into the food section. The freezer is working fine but the food section only gets to about 48 and stays there no matter where you set the controls. I can feel air blowing down into the food section but apparently it's not enough. Any ideas?

The fridge in my house only has one cooling system.There is a small dial that you can adjust to divert the cold air from the freezer into the fridge.Sometimes it is hidden behind plastic covers usually in the center rear towards the bottom of the freezer.Residential fridges also take longer than rv fridges to cool.Once you get the setting to where you think it should be you should let it cool and check temps for 24 hrs before making further adjustments.After you initially get it set it should be fine after that.Just had my House fridge worked on,brand new and was freezing everything.This is the info the tech gave me after replacing a few parts and it is now working fine.PS it is a Whirlpool also.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum