Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Tire pressure
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #50
Porkchop

Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
Several years ago I met Dale Fenton in Booneville, MO. He is the man that invented and designed the Level Up system. He designed it strictly for DRV. He also invented the Trail Aire pin box and spring system. After deciding to retire he moved back to Booneville and sold his company to Lippert, who owns it now. Lippert decided to release the system to all manuf. Good business decision.

Anyway, Dale told me is rated and able to lift the entire trailer off the ground and keep it there for an extended period of time. I choose to believe him. Since he designed and engineered it all. Can't get much closer to the source than that. The people who answer the phone at Lippert are "techs", not engineers. They are qualified to answer the phone and read off of a list put together by someone else who also is not an engineer. There opinion will (and does) change with how wins the super bowl or dancing with the stars.

The problem with it for a time was the seal and groove design that was put in the front jacks leaked. Same seal was used in the rear jacks with out many problems. Seem to have it figured out now though.

And that's MY experience and opinion. Good luck with yours.

Bill

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.