Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #37
nmlferreira

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #8596
Hi All,

I'm a late comer to this discussion, but it appears this helped clarify my question: How do I keep my fridge running while driving?
I have a Norcold N61X and after reading the manual it looks clear to me that this fridge only works with propane OR 120 VAC.
The only use of 12 VDC is for the control functions.
My only worry is driving with the propane on. Some mention that in tunnels you "shouldn't" do it and someone also mentioned gas stations because of the flame. But if I understand correctly the risk is minimum and one should turn the fridge on with propane and not worry about it.
I just want to finish by saying it is interesting that the manual refers to "Operation during travel" in relation to performance in unleveled roads, but I didn't find anything about use of propane while driving or use of alternative power supplies (generator, battery).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum