Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Help!! - Schwintek Slide Motor Replacement

Alrighty my good Forum techies - need some help. I had a problem with my bunk slide in our 37TB. Please note that I used past tense with this. BUT!! in the process of getting the slide to operate and after watching the numerous videos plus reading lots of articles - I cannot understand how to actually take the slide motor out of the slide. I took apart everything I needed to for access to the motor. In fact that is how I eventually got the slide to function - I tested the motor for operation after removing it from the in-slide seat. This after doing all the checks I could imagine on the wiring harness.

So I had the motor loose, lifting it up, down and all around. But I could find no way of removing the motor. No way, no how.

So if someone has performed this feat of magic, please let this old soldier now how that was done.

PS: While the slide functions properly now, I am ordering a slide motor to carry with us as a running spare.

Thanks all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.