Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 01:10 AM   #5
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Tom and Lisa - I've seen lots of nice pics and videos about how to take the motor out but none that are real live in the field pics. I spent about 5 hours with mine - mostly learning curve stuff though but feel much better that I know what to do the next time. My slide was stuck in, I was the only set of hands available. I wound up using a small hydraulic bottle jack, wedged with wood blocks between the bathroom door and bunk, to help me extend the slide. It wasn't real fast but using my RapidCamp controller, I was able to get it extended. It was 85 outside and I didn't fire up the genny until I was putting everything back together. Best news though - learned a lot and back on the road.

I am going to call Thor tomorrow but the only way I can see to remove for now is to use a Dremel to notch the slide frame - uughh. Not my favorite answer but I can do it if that is the only alternative.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.