Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 01:26 AM   #7
kwilliams

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
After receiving everyone’s advice, the Fryman’s are spot on. I tested the seal using a dollar bill, however any bill works. The bill slid out with no resistance for the freezer and the fridge on Saturday. Until I receive the correct gaskets for the door, I substituted door & window weather stripping tape (1/4”x1/2”) that I picked from Lowe’s. The difference in the last 24hours. Freezer dropped from 32 degrees to 7 degrees, and the fridge dropped from 58 degrees to 44 degrees. Will continue to monitor and will place a battery operated fan in the fridge this week as well divert more cold air from freezer to fridge. Hopefully, changing out the capacitor will not be required. The dollar bill has much more resistance, as a result of the weather stripping. Thank you all for the sound advice.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum