Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 02:08 AM   #26
Bnbl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Minnesota
THOR #9155
Currently up in Homer AK and I have to park on a sloped driveway if I want to hook up to power and septic tank. Staying about 7-8 weeks at our Sons house.

This is earthquake country with lots of 1-3 magnatude quakes in a fifty mile radius while we are here. Don't like the jacks extended too much. Rear wheels are on the ground with the parking brake on so they will help. So far the quakes seem to be horizontal shakes vs up and down shakes. Of course if the big one happens... ???

I agree with previous posts that an unloaded suspension (some front/rear wheel contact to in the air) should be no problem for the leveling system to handle. (Ha, have never had four wheels in the air but I bet it could do it. Most engineering caculations are derated 50%).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180602_184714.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	10561   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180602_184657.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	10562  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum