Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Battery Help
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 05:04 PM   #10
Bogie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Illinois
THOR #10965
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
Bogie: Was you're dash radio on all the time you were camping and discharged coach batteries?
We were dry camping for two days. I had run the generator for about 45 minutes one day. The dash radio seems to be wired to only the house battery and it doesn't have a way to turn "off" completely, but I can shut the screen down. It still drains power for sure.

I would expect though (could be wrong) with the RV driving for about 3 hours in "use" mode it would have charged the battery back up a bit? Instead it seemed to continue draining as the alarms and dash radio started flashing on and off so I had to switch over to storage mode.

This morning when I put the multimeter on the battery it showed 11.6v (no charge). When I turned the engine on and put it in use mode it dropped down to 9.9v so it seems that the engine is not charging the battery. I'll do some more tests when it is lunch time and I can run down to the RV again with a notepad.

Once I plugged it into shore power, the house battery jumped to 13.4v

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.