Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Battery Help
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #19
Bogie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Illinois
THOR #10965
True. But in theory, even if the house battery is dead, I believe (according to the manual) it should have recharged from the alternator while driving. Since that is not happening, even if the battery is bad, it is taking a charge from other sources so it isn't dead yet. I was able to fire the generator after two hours of charging from shore power.

According to multimeter no power is getting to the house battery to charge it while the engine is running, otherwise I believe I should see 13.4v just as with the other sources that are charging (gen/shore). I could be wrong though, since I have not done much of this type of work before and only God knows how these RV's are wired up. It would be nice if the manual had some wiring diagrams.

When I pull the battery to check the water level, I'll disconnect the chassis battery and remove the coolant overflow as well so I can go through all the connections that I can see, clean them, and tighten them back down.

Before I pull the solenoid though, I was hoping to find the location of the fuse for the charging system, and whether that solenoid was the only one, or if there is another one. I suppose while the engine is running I could have someone hold the battery boost button down and see if I see any change on the multimeter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum