Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 03:03 AM   #2
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
The installation was fairly straightforward. The front cover of the dash from the instrument panel to the glove box unclips. The difficult part is unplugging all the electrical connectors. Then I used a Ford stereo adapter and connected the wires. The Pioneer unit has an extra wire for a vehicle speed sensor (VSS) input. This can improve the accuracy of the nav system. But I couldn't easily find which wire to tap into, so I left it disconnected.

The stereo came with a microphone for hands-free phone use, and I mounted that on top of the steering column. I mounted the GPS antenna on the front right corner of the dash.

I connected the existing HDMI and USB plugs on the dash to the stereo, and I added a USB input and an AUX input in the empty hole between the two 12v power plugs. So now I have 2 USB inputs -- one supports Apple CarPlay from my iPhone. The other will support Android Auto, or can just be used as an iPod input/charger.

The AUX input will allow me to connect a cable from the TV to the stereo so I can play the TV sound through the stereo. The TV speakers fire downward into the bunk and aren't very loud anyway, so they are difficult to hear, especially if the A/C is on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer2.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	10590  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.