Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #9
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
or...assuming your real issue is like mine in that my wheels had wheel simulators with holes too small to work through.... just remove the wheel simulators and be done with it.

Mine came with braided flexible extensions from the factory. After struggling with them for a while I landed on some rigid extensions, probably similar to yours.

....I used the rubber grommet like stabilizers to hold the extension steady, and maybe that's your problem if you don't have them stabilized, .....
so maybe that is why, but
i don't believe I had too much problem with them leaking.
My problem was that the push rod through the middle of it would get bent or something(?), and either not engage or more often would not work well with my TPMS sensors. Even damaged a few of them & cost me $$$. I think that there were issues regarding the lengths and sizes of these push rods, and in how far they stick out on either end.

Without the extensions I could air up the tires using a truck type inflator, and ditto in checking the pressure... but I could not get my hand in there to install the TPMS sensors before the trip, remove them after the trip, and put dust caps on when they were off in storage.

I even tried to modify the simulators with bigger holes, but I'm no sheet metal artist...

So after a couple years of fighting, i put the wheel simulators in storage, painted my wheels (because by that time they were very scratch up form all the removing and replacing the m over that time)
and I am now often kicking myself for not doing that much sooner.

Before I did this, I was just about ready to spend the money on getting the dualy valves installed....but instead I saved that money and can easily reach through the hand holes in the wheels to get at the standard valves...no problem. The RV arguably might not look quite as good without the chrome, but it's not bad either.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum