Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #76
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post
Chance what are the other brands of 16 inch rims that would provide 3100 weight rating in a dually set up? This is the first that I have seen.

I firmly believe that the 9600 lb rear axle rating is basing on typical "E" tire ratings. These Dana or Sterling or Ford axles, whatever they are (I haven't identified mine) can handle much more than 9600 lbs in my opinion.

I also bought 7 because road debris do happen. I will have 7 - Michelin tires with 8k on them for sale soon if anyone is interested.

mac 'him is mac' gyvr
I don’t necessarily agree with that logic/assumption because the lighter E-350s are rated even lower in spite of using the identical tires. Ford detail specs show the E-450 rear axle at 9,600 pounds, so I’d stick with that regardless of tire rating.

To your question, Continental Vanco seem like a major player in Europe on OEM tires. Quick search shows Hancock like the spare I bought, General, etc. Not sure about Michelin which is brand I normally buy.

Not that I started the other thread, but I hate to keep adding information about 16” Commercial tires on a thread about 17.5” wheel conversions. Some of this information may be of value later, yet hard to find doing a forum search because of title.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum