Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
RV Pirate

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehobe1 View Post
Not a good solution. The active amplifier could damage the one that is off. This could either be an immediate or gradual damage problem. Just add a toggle switch and a IR receiver cover when the TV output is left open circuit.
The output stage of most amplifiers now is class C and as such could be reverse biased under external drive conditions. If the volume is kept very low , you may not experience any problems but as soon as you turn it up too high, *%$#%^&@.
I am a former IC amplifier designer.
Thanks for the input ( pun intended)

A switch is also something I thought about. Something like an A-B switch ?

We never use the stereo in the bedroom. Only tried it out when we bought the RV to make sure it worked. The only other time I could see both tv and stereo being on at the same time is someone watching TV in the bedroom and someone watching TV outside since the stereo also powers the outdoor speakers, but it uses a different output from the stereo anyway.

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum