Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
We did the same, brought some odds and ends extra linens from the house. We did that for the first few months, and now the wife just bought a new set for the coach. Our goal is to be fully moved in the coach, with clothing, bedding, dish ware, everything we need, so when we decide to go out on a weekend trip, all we need to bring is toiletries, medicine, and groceries! No packing and unpacking the coach each time.
That is how my wife and I have been doing it for a few years. She even has the toiletries packed away in the coach so all that is required are the groceries. We also have a "last minute packing list" which includes the meds, cameras, laptops and safes for documents and a couple of other items.

One tip I will provide, clothes that are one or two wearings away from the trash, load them in the coach. I consider these disposable and when travelling after the clothes are worn they are thrown away rather than laundered. These include, but are not limited to, dress shirts that are no longer "suit and tie quality" due to age, old jeans, underwear and socks.

We do occasionally go out to the coach and reevaluate what is packed away due to the changing of the seasons or if we are going to travel through multiple climate zones, for example from Central Virginia to Florida in January or from the flatlands to the mountains in late October or November.

Our primary goal is to have fun and not have the RV become a chore or a PITA to load and unload with every trip thereby minimizing the fun.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum