Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Question: How old are your eyeballs?
Mine are pretty old, and bright sunlight just flat-out overpowers any chance that I have, of reading ANY dashboard that I'm sitting behind...
In my case: it's a situation involving some pretty wild glare sensitivity!

No doubt our vision changes with age, but vehicle design can also make a big difference.

I recall driving a rented Class C where the overhead bed extended well beyond the windshield, casting a shadow on cab during middle of day, and it made it impossible for me to see the smaller gauges unless I turned on the lights. However, others in vehicle did not have the problem to the same extent. Later in day when sunlight came through drivers side window, everything was very clear.

Even in normal vehicles the difference can be significant. My Honda gauges are always very easy to see, whereas my Ford E-Series can sometimes be difficult. Perhaps if I was 20 I wouldn’t notice the difference, but there is a difference between them. I think it may be a combination of factors that contribute to the overall problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum