Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:42 PM   #34
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Matt:

I purchased our Vegas 24.1 new in aug 2015. I never got the front end aligned and I've done no suspension mods. We have over 20000 miles on it and I have never had any handling problems. It takes a little bit to get used to the handling. It's not an SUV or a car. It's on a truck chassis and so it handles like a truck. The steering feels like it has about 1/4" of play left or right before the wheels respond to the turns. That being said it seems like when you are driving it -- you are really driving it -- constantly making steering adjustments. After time went by I never even notice it.

Before you run out and spend thousands making handling mods -- go to a commercial vehicle garage and get the front end aligned. Then get the rig weighed based on how you will have it loaded and the weight distributed. After you get your weight indications go to the Michelon website and adjust your tire pressure based on the weights.

Or you can do what I did. I never weighed the rig as I would have it loaded. There is a decal under my driver's window that was put there by the Thor factory with recommended tire pressures based on the tire size and the weight of the RV. On mine it recommends 75 lbs in the front and 65 lbs in the back. That is what I carry. Your situation might be different so check what your specific decal says.

After all this before you make mods take a few trips with it. Drive on two lane and interstates. Get a feel how it handles. After that ask questions here on the forum about what characteristics you want to improve and ask others for what they might have done. You'll get tons of advice.

I do recommend getting the Safety Plus installed. It is designed to keep the steering straight if you get a blowout. Others claim it helps with the sway from passing trailer trucks, but since I don't have one I am in no way able to express an opinion on it.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.