Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Windshield chip
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 01:49 AM   #3
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
It finally happened. I knew it would. While driving in Southern Oregon on I-5, I caught a rock and it chipped the windshield right in front of the driver's seat. It's about the size of a dime.

I called my insurance (Progressive) and the repair will be covered. BUT...

I am in Yreka CA today and tomorrow morning. Then I go to Sacramento tomorrow. The Sacramento Safelight can't see me until Monday. BUT...

I am heading for Santa Clara Saturday morning. So now I have to wait until next week to get it repaired.

I am worried about the chip becoming a crack while driving for the next few days. If it does, the repair becomes a replacement which will cost me my $1K deductible.

What I am wondering is if it would be wise to put a piece of duct tape over the chip to "stabilize" it. Do you think that is wise?
A friend had a chip on their car windshield and went to OREILY and picked up a repair kit for under 20.00

He said it only took about 10-15 minutes to do and you couldn't even see the repair.

It has held up for seven years now. Just an idea.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.