Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 02:41 AM   #35
Base Camp Adventures

Brand: Still Looking
State: New Hampshire
THOR #11837
After all this before you make mods take a few trips with it. Drive on two lane and interstates. Get a feel how it handles. After that ask questions here on the forum about what characteristics you want to improve and ask others for what they might have done. You'll get tons of advice.

That is sound advice, and I will, for sure, learn the vehicle's handling capabilities and tendencies to determine my comfort zone before seeking forum opinions and advice concerning whatever upgrades/fixes that I feel are necessary.

It does appear that correct tire pressure and an alignment are essential to safety and best performance. To me, it's no different for any vehicle regarding those two adjustments.

I do recommend getting the Safety Plus installed. It is designed to keep the steering straight if you get a blowout. Others claim it helps with the sway from passing trailer trucks, but since I don't have one I am in no way able to express an opinion on it.

This suggestion has resonated throughout many threads. If it offers added safety, I am all for it. My consideration list is always open for further additions, and each option will be explored in depth.

This forum has been a treasure trove of product suggestions already. I cannot even begin to express how much this helps for a new buyer looking to make well informed decisions with the support from seasoned RV veterans.

Thank you!
Matt

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum