Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #1
oldtymer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
Kitchen sink drain failure

During a recent trip the kitchen sink drain in my 2017 outlaw 29h broke. I discovered the problem when water leaked on the kitchen floor. The kitchen sink is in the slide out and connected to the gray water tank with a flex hose. The riser pipe from the gray water tank sheared off just below the elbow that connected the flex pipe and above a brace installed on the gray tank riser pipe. The failure was caused by the slide going in and out applying a force to the plastic riser pipe that eventually failed. The flex hose is very stiff and alternately pulled and pushed on the elbow and riser pipe. The fresh water filter was also interfering with the movement of the flex hose causing it to bend upward when the slide out was closed. I was able to glue a new elbow on the remaining part of the riser pipe. The elbow is now lower and is held in the clamp rather than above it. I also relocated the water filter giving the flex pipe several more inches of room to move and hopefully reducing the load on the gray tank fittings. I think this is a temporary fix and am searching for a less stiff flex hose that will not apply a load on the gray tank.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum