Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 12:23 AM   #3030
PapaMo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Newmar Canyon Star
State: California
THOR #6863
An alternate idea...

Dino,

It's been ages since I've been on here -- a long story with some caregiving that my wife and I are going through with one of our sons. But when I read what has happened with Stormy, my heart sunk.

I know that you're considering a dolly, but I thought I'd throw this out there...and I realize you may have already considered this --
You have a lot already invested in beautiful tow equipment. You know the distinct advantages of flat towing versus dealing with a dolly. Once the tranny is repaired, why not sell the Escape and get something like an Edge, or Equinox, or CRV? Doesn't have to be new (especially in the case of the CRV) But there are quite a few vehicles out there that others enjoy for flat towing. (It would be all kicks and giggles if you found out from Blue Ox that your current baseplate could be used on some other model! That would be too perfect...)

Just remember to do research above and beyond what the annual dinghy towing guides say. We definitely found some addendums regarding our 2016 Equinox, and we read a ton of input from folks online.

Whatever you choose, it will be good having you back on the road and sharing your experiences with all of us!

Cheers!
PapaMo

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.