Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 02:12 AM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytlfamily View Post
Well, in August we are taking our first long haul trip, Tx to Fl and back. I know it depends on many factors....but on "Travel Days" where you are just getting from point A to B...what are your comfort limits?
....cut....
So I am interested to here your long haul experiences from you all!!!
TOm
Tom, I've driven from Texas to South Florida and back at least 50 times during the years to visit family, and can say that the smaller the vehicle, the longer the distances I've covered.

Without planned stops (point A to B driving) in a small Class C we typically covered around 600 miles the first day, stopping around Tallahassee. With our van I usually drive on to Gainesville, which is a little over 800 miles, but I'm tired at end.

In cars and minivans I've driven the 1130 miles straight a few times (when I was younger), but wouldn't attempt it now.

On the first day of a recent long sightseeing trip out west in a rented 30-ft Class C, I drove 600 miles the first day to Palo Duro Canyon outside of Amarillo. That's about all I'd want to drive in an RV that large. Or any size RV for that matter. For the entire 3-week trip we averaged around 250 miles per day. Short days or rest days were certainly more enjoyable.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.