Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 03:34 AM   #1
Ready2retire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kansas
THOR #2210
Generator overheat??

I have a 2014 hurricane, while on an outing last year going through New Mexico and Arizona the generator kicked off with a code 36. It would restart after letting it sit, but would only run for about 20 minutes at a time. Called THOR, they told me to take it to Onan, which I did after we were done camping for the year. Onan ran tests on it all day, used 1/4 tank of gas and said there was nothing wrong with it and was maybe overheating. I proceeded to put it in storage, would run it once a month for about an hour putting as much load on it as I could in the winter.

Took it out for our first trip of the summer, running the generator in order to run the AC...this campground was only about an hour away. The generator had been running for about 30 minutes before starting the drive and when pulling into the campsite, the generator quit again! Code 36...again! The oil levels and everything are fine. This was the first real run since Onan said everything was good with the generator.

Has anyone else with the hurricane had any issues with their generator shutting down? If so...how did you fix it? This generator is located in the back of the coach opposite the exhaust. If there's a way to allow better airflow...I'm all ears!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum