Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 03:37 AM   #22
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Gentlemen,

Newbie here. I just got our 2016 Vegas 24.1 on the 30May15. When I took it for my test ride I felt I had to work a lot steering the thing on the Highway...thought it might just be a learning curve I had to go thru.

I know the Vegas is smaller than what you all have, but will it benefit from the Saf-T-Plus Front Stabilizer Bar on the front and the Henderson Track Bar on the rear? I am looking to get the Front End Alignment done as soon as I get her loaded up for our first roadtrip.

Many years ago I had a 1969 Opel GT as a college student. I was advised to have the tires speed balanced and trued...what a difference it made! So I guess I will see about the wheel balancing and trueing when I get the alignment done.

No sense re-inventing the wheel, so any other suggestions??

Please advise.

DocMike
NCNG Ret
For the Axis/Vegas, get somebody to do an alignment that will go heavy on the caster (+6'ish). If you tow anything get a trac bar. Then... drive it ... see if you think it needs anything else

From my past experience, If most of your travels are freeway, the Safe-T-Plus is pretty cool but the last one I had got removed because I didn't like fighting it on the mountain roads we typically traveled. One is still on my possibility list for the Axis because it does a great job at what it does... but I'm still torn because while our freeway travel has increased it's still less than 50%. If they had a push button center for our little rigs, I'd be all over one!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.