Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 12:25 AM   #17
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dPad2 View Post
I, too, bought a new lemon end of last September. Vegas 24.1. Total Hell for me too. Those who have a good experience are very blessed as I can tell you I have heard many nightmare stories like mine. Not CW in my case. The final straw for me was an electrical fire. Sure, they replaced the entire breaker box area and discolored paneling, etc. yet that was only one of MANY things. Over $100 each time I had to go to dealer. Appointment and parts delays. Absolutely unbelievable, really. No Lemon Law applied so I just decided to cut my loss (would have been worse if waited) and after tons of warranty work I traded it in for a Winnebago 26A. I LOVE it, 3000K miles now and NO issues to speak of (only put 6K on the Vegas and TONS of issues). The RV industry is severely diseased - quality control and service issues. I did not know this when I decided to become a full time RV-er for a more frugal retirement. The sales end is where all the time, energy and money goes. I'm sorry for your, and others, troubles - those of us who got lemons understand. Those who didn't, can't. By the time you pay lawyers you could just do what I did and lose some, but gain a lot if you get a better quality RV. Best of luck.
We are happy to hear that you found an RV you like and have no problems with. We have had our Axis since January 2016 with no issues. Forums usually are for those who have problems and are looking for a solution..those of us who have no issues don't participate much. In the last few weeks, Ron had thought he might want to downsize..so we did our research … thought about a Winnebago model...went to their forum and found nothing but complaints there.
So, not to defend Thor and their apparent problems...it seems that quality control across the board is marginal.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.