Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 12:49 AM   #18
dPad2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: HAD Vegas 24.1
State: South Dakota
THOR #9657
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
We are happy to hear that you found an RV you like and have no problems with. We have had our Axis since January 2016 with no issues. Forums usually are for those who have problems and are looking for a solution..those of us who have no issues don't participate much. In the last few weeks, Ron had thought he might want to downsize..so we did our research … thought about a Winnebago model...went to their forum and found nothing but complaints there.
So, not to defend Thor and their apparent problems...it seems that quality control across the board is marginal.
I know it's true the entire industry has major issues and people tend to post only when they DO have issues. I got a Thor lemon and luckily did not get a WB lemon - though I agree, I'm sure they're out there. This time I interviewed SERVICE DEPTS prior to purchase as THAT can make all the difference. I wanted one who will not allow folks with little things to 'butt' in front of others for appointments, yet WILL get someone in when the issue is so big it keeps someone like me (a full timer, where the RV is both home and car) from being able to use it. Time will tell. They save a few appointments each day for emergency situations only. My other dealer did not do that. I appreciate your pointing out what you did. My post WAS one-sided haha

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum