Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #1
Rod Scher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Oregon
THOR #11440
Carrying a Motorcycle

Hi, All. Got some good info/advice on this forum about hitch weight, etc. when carrying a motorcyle or scooter in a cargo rack on the rear hitch of my Four Winds 26B. Also spoke to Thor support about it.

Now that I'm narrowing my options, I'd like to get some real-world reactions and examples... Is anyone here carrying a motorcycle (or other heavy item) in a rack on the rear hitch of a 26B (or equivalent)? I'd like to know what your experience has been, what weight you're carrying, what brand/type of carrier, etc.

I really don't want to over-stress the rear hitch. It's rated for 8,000 lbs. towing, but more like 800 lbs. actual hitch weight. And that goes WAY down depending on rotational forces, distance from the receiver, etc.

So, if anyone is carrying a substantial weight on their Thor Class C hitch, please let me know!

As always, TIA.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.