Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 08:19 PM   #3053
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
Dino,

You said replaced, so that implies that there were already 12V wires to the original fan. This raises the question as to why CW didn't just use the same wires. Or... is this a Thor problem with installing wiring wrong and tying the fan into a lighting circuit - as dumb as this is, its well within their capabilities, even with prefabbed wiring harnesses (or it could be a bad harness).

Also I'd be looking at the Dicor sealing on the roof. If they messed up the wiring, I can image what a poor job CW could achieve on the roof seals.

I found a fairly large crack in the Dicor on my bathroom vent when I was up there cleaning the roof. I was installing solar too, so I had a roll of Eternabond tape which I used to cover the cracked area. Plan is to install a remote controlled fan in place of the manual fan in the living area and move the original fan to the bathroom to replace the really, really cheap fan they used in there. I did a fan replacement on our old trailer and the hardest part of the job was peeling up the old Dicor. Replaced fans will get Eternabond.
I guess I misspoke...Our 29M came with a vent in the living room without a fan, which we thought was kinda weird in the first place but no biggie, problem solved!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.