Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
JHGIII

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #11389
Dog Gone Cool Discovery

We purchased the Thor Outlaw class C specifically for the garage feature. Unlike most, our toys are not motorcycles or four wheelers. I haul big telescopes and my wife hauls dogs. Both of these prefer climate controlled conditions. In this warm Alabama weather, we have been driving with the generator on so that we can run the garage AC This has worked well but does have downsides.

Yesterday as we were driving, I speculated about adding an inverter to power this small AC unit, then it suddenly dawned on me .... the TV oulet in the garage runs off the inverter we already have. Could this be a simple extension cord solution???

We tested it and yes!!! The garage AC WILL run on the inverter powered by the house batteries and charged while driving. No need to run the generator and the pup stays cool in her garage kennel, safely lashed to the tie diwns.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum