Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 01:05 AM   #23
Tytlfamily

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Before you go trodding off to the dealer complaining about this: It is by design. It is very common for the bathroom sink to be plumbed to the black tank (It is that way on our Axis and it is on the blue-prints for the waste system I obtained from Thor).

There has been a lot of speculation for the reason why this is so; I don't think there was a consensus here for the reason (some think that it is to add extra water to the black tank to make it easier to flush).
We have a Hurricane bath & 1/2 and the mid bathroom toilet is plumbed to the mid grey tank also. The black tank is only connected to the master bath toilet. We actually love that set up because so far my wife and I only take short weekend trips, so we only use the mid toilet, and keep that grey tank closed until time to check out. That way I have a plenty full tank with grey and black mixed ...so i will get a good dump. If we used the toilet that goes into the black tank, with only a few days use, I don't think we would get a good dump...and then the dreaded pyramid effect starts to grow
San Antonio, Tx
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum