Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #1
Alain_FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #11934
New Thor Hurricane 34J Owner

Hello from the not so sunny sunshine state. it's raining for almost two weeks in a row.

Got me a used (1 year old) Thor Hurricane 34J with 40k miles on it. I guess that the ford Triton V10 can be considered a virgin with this mileage

I live in Hollywood FL, bought the RV in Orlando. Went by plane to get it and drove it back. The Hurricane has a nice handling, I used to drive big truck’s when I was drafted several decades ago. But guess what? the driving experience is still there.

I’ve been cleaning, changing the house battery’s into 3 X 900 AMP AGM’s and planning to put in a power inverter to also have 110v without running the generator. Why? Power my laptop, onboard WIFI, Printer stuff like that while driving. With the big AGM bank now available this should not pose any problems.

For the moment I did not run into any issues that I cant handle, just one : the lack of decent manuals on this RV!

Kind Regards,
Alain.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum