Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 02:47 AM   #7
fivekitties

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Three things,

First, although there are numerous fuses and breakers strung out in the coach the main breaker panel should be at the foot of your bead. That is the place where most of them are located.

Second, and this is where it gets interesting, the EC-30W has an auto generator start feature to support running the AC if a preset temperature is reached. How did they configure this feature and did they connect the system properly. This feature in some way shape or form must be wired into the AC thermostats so here is where I would start looking for an issue. Also, if during the testing of this it started both AC units at the same time they could have created a load that caused the breaker on the generator to trip.

Third, if you coach is there getting additional work performed have them fix what they broke.

Oh the joys we have.
The day I picked up the RV, about 10 days ago, after they finished the EC-30W, I configured the EC-30W myself. But I turned it off, so it's not even on right now. While I was configuring it, and after turning it off manually, the roof AC's were functioning at that time, because I stayed in my coach for another 30-60 minutes doing some little things, and the roof AC's were on at that time. The EC-30W only works when you are connected to shore power, and it is enabled, and a trigger is met. While it's very possible the EC-30W is what caused this, I have no evidence to support that yet. Or to not support it.

I think I need to locate my fuse panels and investigate. I'll do that tomorrow or the next day. The RV is back in storage right now and I have to get some things done around the house, but I'll get back to it within a day or two. I'll also have CW look at the issue, too, when it goes back in next week to have more items taken care of.

I'll report back here no matter what I find out

I appreciate all of your help!

Oh, also... when I'm looking at the fuse panel, a friend of mine suggested I might remove each fuse and replace it with another one 10 amps higher than the one I removed. Does this make any sense? Would this help in any way in the future from blowing fuses? Is there any downside to this?

Thanks,
Shawn

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum