Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 03:29 AM   #9
fivekitties

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The way that I am going to begin my response is to ask a series of questions for you to consider

Have you developed your emergency exit plan for your coach?
Have you and your loved ones practiced that emergency exit plan until you can safely exit the coach within 20 seconds?
Have you verified that your fire extinguisher is rated for electrical fires?
Have you tested your smoke detectors?
Does you insurance pay for fire damage resulting from an unauthorized modification to the electrical system?
Are you prepared to void all warranties on the coach due to unauthorized modifications to the electrical system?

A fuse is designed to blow when there is an overload or short circuit condition. Depending on the circuit involved changing to a higher amperage fuse could cause the wiring to burn before a fuse is blown. This in turn could result in a catastrophic electrical fire.

Q: Have you developed your emergency exit plan for your coach?

Yes, it's just me, five cats and 1 dog. They all have GPS Collars, flashing collars so I can find them in the dark, harnesses so I can leash them quick and go. GPS Collars so if they get out, without me leashing them, in a real hurry, I can find them.

Q: Have you and your loved ones practiced that emergency exit plan until you can safely exit the coach within 20 seconds?

It's just me, five cats, 1 dog. I haven't practised this with them, no. I'll call a family meeting tomorrow and we'll get it done.

Q: Have you verified that your fire extinguisher is rated for electrical fires?

Actually, yes, I did do this. The one that came with the coach was NOT rated for it, so I purchased another.

Q: Have you tested your smoke detectors?

I have not. I will do that.

Q: Does you insurance pay for fire damage resulting from an unauthorized modification to the electrical system?

Good question, I don't know. As far as I know we have not done any unauthorized modifications. All parts installed have been manufacturer parts, nothing 3rd party, and have been done at an authorized installation facility.

Q: Are you prepared to void all warranties on the coach due to unauthorized modifications to the electrical system?

Why would the installation of manufacturer additional systems void all warranties on my coach? I specifically asked CW if anything I was installing would void warranties, they said no. I will email Thor and ask as well.

Your logic makes sense, so we will not replace those fuses. Thank you. I'm not an unreasonable person, I simply am very new at this. I was very surprised how little training CW gave me when I purchased this thing. The manual isn't even that good. Sssssooooo much of this is learning from the internet, asking other people, trial and error, etc.

:/

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum