Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: AC temperature
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 04:14 AM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by unw1red View Post
I have always heard that the AC can only cool to 15 to 22 degrees cooler than the outside ambient temperature. That being said, while in Kansas City yesterday, the weather was very hot. Here is the weather shot from there.

....cut.....

I could not get the temperature inside below 85 degrees. Is this to be expected and accepted? It was almost unbearable to drive while this hot.
I've never heard that limitation stated before, and in my experience doesn't make sense. Does it only apply to RVs?

How cold the inside temperature can be lowered relative to outside temperature depends on many factors, but mostly on cooling capacity relative to requirement.

In industry I've installed single-stage refrigeration (same as air conditioner) that kept product coolers at 30 to 35 F when outside temperature was around 100 degrees. Two-stage systems I've installed cooled freezers to -40 F with outside temperature in the same 100 F range.

Most RVs have an AC with a capacity of just over one ton of capacity. And that's not very much. I'm guessing that if you had two ACs in same RV there would be little problem making the inside temperature much cooler.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.